With the countless ways of making and offering natural soap and body products, it all starts with making a choice about which ingredients to use.
What keeps Green Flower soap & body products both richly nourishing and affordable is our careful choice of ingredients.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Healing agent when applied to burns, sun-burned skin, wounds, scrapes.
- Ability to soothe pain and regenerate skin cells to promote healing with little or no scarring.
- Helps soften and moisturize the skin.
- Good treatment for dandruff, dermatitis, psoriasis.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Because Aloe regenerates skin cells, it is also known to reduce wrinkles, eczema, acne, sun/age spots, and other blemishes.
Apricot Kernel Oil
- A very mild natural oil, often used in baby products because of its fine, gentle nature.
- High vitamin E content and skin softening properties.
- Rich in essential fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acid, and high in vitamin A. Since it easily penetrates the skin, it is good oil for prematurely aged, dry or irritated skin. The excellent softening and moisturizing properties is great for face, hands and hair.
- Helps to calm the inflammation / irritation of eczema and dermatitis.
- Anti-inflammatory and Anti-oxidant.
- A natural emollient that penetrates the skin and helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which can soften and hydrate the skin.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A natural, hypoallergenic way to moisturize skin, Extra Virgin Olive Oil has the added advantage of providing strong antioxidants, like Vitamins A and E that help repair and renew skin that has been damaged from overexposure to sun, air pollution, and other modern-day environmental hazards – like cigarette smoke and fast food. These antioxidants have the natural ability to stimulate cells and return skin to a firmer, smoother, and healthier state.
- Cocoa butter can be used as a moisturizer and actually penetrates through the top layer of your skin and keeps the next layers healthy and hydrated as well. Because cocoa butter can deeply penetrate the skin layers, it is an excellent moisturizer for extremely dry skin.
- Also known for its fantastic anti oxidant elements which can help with the aging process.
- Full of the Vitamins A, E and C which are fantastic at helping with your skin cells and keeping them looking younger. Cocoa butter has large amounts of vitamin E, a vitamin that is necessary for skin growth, renewal and repair.
- Acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin.
- Delays wrinkles and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
- Coconut oil provides some of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair with a shiny complexion.
- A solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin.
- An ideal moisturizer and conditioner.
- Antibacterial - jojoba oil is used for treating sores, cuts, bruises and burns and helps heal scars.
- Not irritating to the skin if applied to dry, itchy and sore scalp.
- Develops new hair cell growth. Dry hair can lead to hair damage or hair loss. The application of Jojoba oil can counteract this symptom, allowing the growth of new hair cells.
- Beneficial to soap making because it gives a soap bar the hardness it needs to be held while allowing it to build and maintain a creamy lather when the soap is being used.
- Another great perk of palm oil in soap making is that the oil is able to add similar structural properties as tallow to the final soap or the end product. This means it can be a substitute for tallow, making it popular to use for 'vegan' soaps (no animal fat.)
- Contains vitamins A and E
Unrefined Hempseed Oil
- Left in its virgin state after pressing. This oil has not been run through filters or chemical processes.
- Can be used to nourish the skin and hair due to its high content of proteins and essential fatty acids. Hempseed Oil closely matches our own skins lipids and the essential fatty acids are readily absorbed into the skin.
- Particularly moisturizing for dry, damaged skin and for eczema and psoriasis.
- Helps to create a wonderfully silky smooth bar of soap with excellent lather.
Unrefined Shea Butter
- Shea Butter nourishes the skin with Vitamins A, E and F.
- Vitamins A and E help maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. These Vitamins are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin, helping to prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. Vitamin F acts as a skin protector and rejuvenator. It soothes rough, dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or damaged hair.
- Shea Butter easily penetrates the skin allowing the skin to breathe while not clogging pores.
Wheat Germ Oil
- Extremely rich in vitamin E, and a powerful anti-oxidant. It is also high in vitamins A and D, and contains vitamins B-1, B-2, B-3 and B-6, vitamin F, essential fatty acids, protein and minerals.
- Beneficial for healthy hair and skin because of the large quantities of vitamin E.
- Wheat germ oil is beneficial for the general health of the skin as it improves circulation of blood in the skin when used externally. It also helps the skin cells that may have been damaged due to the scorching heat of the sun. It also fights off conditions like dermatitis and reduces scarring.
- Linoleic acid, oleic palmitic and stearic fatty acids are the essential fatty acids present in wheat germ oil. These essential oils cannot be manufactured by the body. Hence they should be taken externally as they improve the immune system, the nervous system and help in healthy cell growth and regeneration.
- Wheat germ oil is known for its antioxidant properties. Hence it helps in preventing the skin from bearing the signs of aging.